In 2017 and 2018, the Operations and Facilities Management department renovated the 4480 Clayton Avenue Building and added a substantial addition. This project allowed for 60% of Washington University in St. Louis’s IT department to move to the School of Medicine campus. The remaining 40% of the department is housed at North Campus, creating a two-hub concept for service to the university.

The renovation consisted of 32,363 net assignable square feet (NASF) of space and the addition provided 35,183 NASF.