Completed in April 2021, this project was a planned improvement on campus to enhance vehicular circulation and address ongoing campus growth.
The scope of the project included
- widening Newstead Avenue from Clayton Avenue to Forest Park Avenue from three lanes to five lanes (four traffic lanes and a universal lane);
- widening the MetroLink crossing at Newstead from 36 feet to 50 feet wide;
- adding a dedicated right turn lane on Clayton at Newstead;
- completing replacement and re-signalization of the intersections at Duncan Avenue and Forest Park where they cross Newstead;
- improving alignment and throughput circulation at the intersection of Duncan and Newstead; and
- providing ADA and pedestrian safety improvements along Newstead.
The project had a 14-month duration schedule consisting of approximately 12 phases.